June Good $ense Newsletter: Journey of Generosity
Good Sense partners,
Have you ever been to the “World of Coca-Cola” in Atlanta? I sampled over 100 different soft drinks that Coke sells all over the world when I visited there recently! I particularly enjoyed a soda sold in South Africa. It was sweet and delicious. However, some of the other sodas sold in other geographical areas were so bad to my taste that I had to spit them out. Yuck!
On the same Atlanta trip, I was also trained by the organization Generous Giving to be a “Journey of Generosity” (JOG) facilitator! During this time, six core messages were emphasized:
- Giving is a heart issue. Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Matthew 6:21)
- God gave first. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son. (John 3:16)
- God owns it all. The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it. (Psalm 24:1)
- We’re called to seek God’s kingdom first. But seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (Matthew 6:33)
- Heaven, Not Earth, is our home. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ. (Philippians 3:20)
- Giving brings blessing. Remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive’. (Acts 20:35)
Have you, like me, had times were your stewardship journey was delightfully sweet and refreshing to yourself and to God (much like the soft drink I tasted from South Africa)? Perhaps you, like me, have also had some times where your attitude wasn’t quite Christ-like when it came to generosity and the six core messages listed above. Above all else, the message of generosity is a message of joy. As our hearts grow in generosity, we are blessed in ways we recognize in the moment, in ways you realize over a lifetime, and in ways that are revealed only in eternity. May God use you in your stewardship ministries, to release people into a life of greater generosity that enables them to live in the joy of a “life that is truly life”.
May God bless you as you continue on your own journey of generosity toward Freed-Up Financial Living! Please know that all of us here at the Good $ense Movement are cheering you and those you serve on toward transforming finances to transform lives. Good Sense resources are found here and you can reach Good Sense at 1-844-Freed-Up (1-844-373-3387).
May your summer be a time of refreshment and a time with loved ones!
President, Good Sense Movement
Transforming Finances! Transforming Lives!