Updated: April 27, 2019
Section 2. Disclaimer and Your Assumption of Risk concerning Stewardship Champions.
GSM has a relationship with multiple affiliated third-party ministries, organizations, businesses, and service providers that are also faith-based and working to impact and transform lives (individually a “Stewardship Champion” and collectively the “Stewardship Champions”). Each Stewardship Champion is an independent business and GSM is not a partner, agent, employer, or otherwise responsible for any Stewardship Champion. You acknowledge and agree that GSM is NOT liable for any issue, harm, claim, or injury You, Your spouse, Your family, or anyone else may suffer based on (i) any information provided by or through any Stewardship Champion; nor (ii) the products, services, and/or other deliverables provided by or through any Stewardship Champion, even if such products, services, and/or other deliverables were sold by or through GSM.
You expressly waive any and all present and future claims for direct and indirect losses, costs (including without limitation court costs and attorneys’ fees), expenses, losses, and liabilities, and any damages (including any and all direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, and punitive damages, regardless of the cause of such damages and regardless of whether the possible occurrences giving rise to the damage was foreseeable), You, Your family, and Your spouse has, have, and/or may have against GSM resulting from any action, inaction, product(s), good(s), service(s) and/or other deliverables of any Stewardship Champion.
Section 3. Disclaimer and Your Assumption of Risk concerning GSM.
You further understand and agree that GSM is not a law firm, an attorney, a registered financial planner, financial manager, or other form of financial advisor that requires a license, permit, or other federal agency registration (except that GSM is properly registered as a 501(c)(3) with the Internal Revenue Service) (collectively “Professional Service Provider”), and that GSM may not perform services that must be provided by a Professional Services Provider. The Paid Access, and/or Site Content are not intended to be a substitute for the advice or services of a Professional Services Provider.
By using this website, You also agree that:
- You will not detrimentally rely on any information received from GSM’s website;
- all educational information is provided as general foundational information only and is not legal or professional advice;
- You do not have the right to make a claim that You were harmed because You used this website or any services or products provided by GSM; and
- Your use of this website does not create any fiduciary relationship between You and GSM.
You expressly understand and acknowledge that neither GSM nor any of the owner(s), managers, employees, and/or third party contractors, Stewardship Champions, or affiliates of GSM are acting as Your attorney, legal counsel, or otherwise providing You, Your spouse, nor Your family with any legal advice, legal services, or other services that must be provided by a Professional Services Provider.
GSM is not responsible for any direct or indirect loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage related to Your use of (i) GSM’s services; (ii) GSM’s website; (iii) information provided by GSM; (iv) any third-party website linked to or referenced in GSM’s website; (v) from technical errors within or downtime involving GSM’s website, GSM’s services, and/or the software or technology underlying GSM’s services. In short, Your use of the site is at Your own risk.
Section 4. YOUR UNDERSTANDING CONCERNING ARBITRATION.
You acknowledge that You understand that these Terms require the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions, and also limit the remedies available to You in the event of a dispute as described in the GSM Arbitration terms, contained in Section 21 of these Terms of Service.
Section 5. WHO MAY USE THIS SITE.
To use any part of this site You must:
- Be an individual that is at least eighteen years of age;
- Be Legally able to agree to the terms of using this website; and
- Not use this website for any prohibited purpose.
You understand that certain materials on the GSM website, including but not limited to questionnaires, documents, instructions, and filings, are only available in English. You will not use any Site Content if You do not have a full understanding and comprehension of and proficiency with the English language.
Section 6. LICENSE TO USE.
Section 7. RESALE OF PAID ACCESS PROHIBITED.
By purchasing, ordering, using, or downloading Paid Access, You agree that the Paid Access You purchase may only be used by You for Your personal use and may not be sold or redistributed without the express written consent of GSM.
Section 8. USER INFORMATION.
The information You provide must be correct and complete, and You must update it if any of that information changes.
- Use Your chosen username and password when You access the site;
- Not let anyone else use Your username or password to access this site;
- Be liable for anyone who accesses the site with Your username and/or password; and
- Protect Your username and password so that others cannot use it.
Protect Your Password: Do not use Your name, birthday, a single word, or other information that is easy to guess. Instead, use a string of letters and numbers or a phrase. If You suspect someone is using Your login information, contact GSM immediately at (844) 373-3387.
Section 9. NO COMMERCIAL USE BY YOU, ANY OTHER USER, OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY.
By using this website, You further agree that:
- You shall not detrimentally rely on any information received from this website;
- You do not have the right to make a claim that You were harmed because You used this website and/or Paid Access;
- You consent to have any data You provide to GSM, including personal data, transferred to and processed in the United States or otherwise; and
- You shall refrain from copying, recording, duplicating, and/or distributing any information, materials, and/or other Site Content in any manner under any circumstance.
Section 10. THIRD PARTY SERVICES.
Section 11. NO ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES.
GSM may investigate any conduct that GSM detects of a nature GSM deems questionable or potentially wrongful, as well as any complaints and reported violations. If GSM suspects illegal or inappropriate activity, GSM may report it to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other parties. GSM may disclose User information of anyone or any entity involved in that activity, including user profiles, e-mail addresses, usage history, posted materials, IP addresses, and traffic information. GSM reserves the right to immediately close any User account and prohibit any User from accessing or using GSM’s website, Site Content, and/or Paid Access.
You must not use this site in any way that violates any law, including without limitation, any U.S. law, or the laws of Your state.
*Do not use or access this website to:
- Upload content that is illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, invasive of someone’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, or wrongful in some other way
- Harm a child in any way
- Misrepresent Your affiliation with a person, company, business or agency or impersonate a person company, business or agency, including GSM or its staff
- Stalk or harass someone; and/or
- Use any function of this website to collect or store personal data about other users.
Section 12. NO PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES OR ACTIONS.
- Upload unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other form of solicitation;
- Upload material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
- Interfere with this website, any part of the Site Content, and part of the Paid Access, and/or the servers and networks connected to GSM’s website, Paid Access, and/or Site Content;
- Disobey any requirement, procedure, policy or regulation of a network connected to GSM’s website, Paid Access, and/or the Site Content.
You must not use any part of this site, its content, the Site Content, or its underlying programs to:
- Decompile, extract or disassemble GSM’s source code;
- Decompile, extract or disassemble the source code of any third party;
- Copy, change, reproduce, republish, distribute, display, or transmit for commercial, non-profit or public purposes any part of this site, its content or its software, except as allowed by other terms of this agreement;
- Rent, lease, loan, sell, sublicense, or create derivative works from this site, except as allowed by the terms of this agreement;
- Use software or other methods to monitor or copy our site or software;
- Determine the site architecture or extract information about usage, users, or their identities, and/or
- Use, export, or re-export any part of this website or its content in violation of U.S. export control laws.
Section 13. PRIVACY.
You must not use any material owned by GSM or licensed to GSM by a third party for any prohibited use, including without limitation, any commercial use. This includes:
- Text, forms, documents, images, graphics, logos, or button icons
- Any other material or information You get from GSM’s contributor(s)
- Other content or copyright material (or material for which a copyright could be obtained) owned by GSM or any third party
- Any GSM trademark, service mark, or logo
Section 14. FUTURE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.
You acknowledge and agree that if You choose to add a product or service to Your order subsequent to any initial purchase from GSM, these Terms of Service will apply to that additional product or service purchase as well.
Section 15. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES; LINKS TO GSM’S WEBSITE.
This website may list links to other websites. We do this for the convenience of You and other users only. When You click on a link to other websites, You leave this website. Those links are not a recommendation or approval of those sites or their owners and those websites are not under GSM’s control. GSM is not responsible for those websites, the information, services or products they may offer, or any loss or damage You may have at or incur through those sites. Unless You have GSM’s express, written permission to do so, You may not link to this website from another website. If GSM gives You permission to link to this site, GSM may cancel that permission at any time.
Section 16. ACCESS TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB; INTERNET DELAYS.
To use GSM’s services, You must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. You are responsible for providing all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and Internet access. Access to certain GSM services may be limited or delayed based on problems inherent in the use of Internet and electronic communications. You acknowledge that You understand that GSM is not responsible for delays, delivery failures, or other damage resulting from such problems.
Section 17. FORCE MAJEURE.
Section 18. RIGHT TO REFUSE. You acknowledge that GSM reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time with or without notice
Section 19. You acknowledge and agree that GSM is not a registered or bonded legal document assistant under California Business and Profession Code, sections 6400 et seq. and is also not a Certified Financial Planner under the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
Section 20. DELIVERY.
For products delivered via physical shipment, You understand that GSM uses a variety of carriers for each shipping option and will choose a delivery method when shipping to You unless you have selected and paid for a specific delivery method/service.
Section 21. ARBITRATION.
(a) You and GSM agree to arbitrate any and all disputes and claims between us before a single arbitrator. The types of disputes and claims we (You and GSM) agree to arbitrate are intended to be broadly interpreted. It applies, without limitation, to:
- claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between You and GSM, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory;
- claims that arose before these or any prior Terms (including, but not limited to, claims relating to advertising);
- claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which You are not a member of a certified class; and
(b) A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send, by U.S. certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) to the other party. A Notice to GSM should be addressed to: Notice of Dispute, Registered Agent, 113 Carmella Drive, Crystal Lake, IL 60012 (the “Notice Address”). The Notice must (i) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (ii) set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). If GSM and You do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, You or GSM may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by GSM or You shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which You or GSM is entitled.
You may download or copy a form Notice and a form to initiate arbitration from the AAA website at:
There may be different forms from the AAA website that are applicable to Your given state.
(d) The arbitrator may award injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. YOU AND GSM AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITIES AND NOT AS PLAINTIFFS OR CLASS MEMBERS IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OR IN THE CAPACITY OF A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL. Further, unless both You and GSM agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award any relief that a court could award that is individualized to the claimant and would not affect other customers. Neither You nor GSM may seek non-individualized relief that would affect other customers. If a court decides that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this section’s limitations as to a particular claim for relief, then that claim (and only that claim) must be severed from the arbitration and may be brought in court.
(e) If the amount in dispute exceeds $75,000 or either party seeks any form of injunctive relief, either party may appeal the award to a three-arbitrator panel administered by AAA by a written notice of appeal within thirty (30) days from the date of entry of the written arbitration award. An award of injunctive relief shall be stayed during any such appeal. The members of the three-arbitrator panel will be selected according to AAA rules. The three-arbitrator panel will issue its decision within one hundred and twenty (120) days of the date of the appealing party’s notice of appeal. The decision of the three-arbitrator panel shall be final and binding, subject to any right of judicial review that exists under the FAA.
Section 22. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; INDEMNIFICATION.
Limitation of Liability. GSM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOUR USE OF GSM’S SERVICES SHALL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK. GSM SHALL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY ARISING FROM YOUR USE, REGISTRATION TO USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, GSM’S SERVICES, EVEN IF GSM IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU WILL HOLD GSM AND ITS OFFICERS, MANAGERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OWNERS, AND AGENTS HARMLESS FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, HOWEVER IT ARISES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND ALL RELATED COSTS AND EXPENSES OF LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION, OR AT TRIAL OR ON APPEAL, IF ANY, WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION OR ARBITRATION IS INSTITUTED), WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CLAIM FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY VIOLATION BY ME OF ANY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS, STATUTES, RULES, OR REGULATIONS, EVEN IF GSM HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, IF THERE IS LIABILITY FOUND ON THE PART OF GSM, IT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THERE BE CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE PRIOR LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY. THIS SECTION DOES NOT APPLY TO NORTH CAROLINA CONSUMERS.
Section 23. CHOICE OF LAW.
Section 24. ADDITIONAL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT.
You acknowledge and agree that these terms affect Your legal rights and obligations. If You do not agree to be bound by all of these terms, You will not use GSM’s service or the Site Content. By proceeding You agree to these Terms of Service.